Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Rashod Bateman is facing criminal charges in Georgia after an incident involving the mother of his child became public in August 2026, more than two months after his arrest.
Bateman, 26, was arrested on June 3 in Walton County after authorities investigated an alleged domestic dispute. Court records indicate that the NFL player turned himself in to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office that same day. The Ravens have since acknowledged the case, while the NFL is reviewing the matter.
Here is what is known about the allegations, Bateman’s legal situation and what could happen next.
The Arrest
Bateman was arrested June 3 following an early-morning incident in Walton County, Georgia.
According to court records and an arrest warrant cited by multiple outlets, the dispute involved the mother of Bateman’s child and their three-month-old daughter. The woman was reportedly inside her 2021 Mercedes-Benz when Bateman allegedly used an object to damage the windshield and driver’s-side window.
The resulting glass reportedly caused several small cuts to the woman’s face. Authorities also reported finding glass in the infant’s hair and car seat.
The allegations have not been proven in court, and Bateman is presumed innocent unless found guilty.
The Charges
Bateman faces three charges connected to the incident: first-degree criminal damage to property, battery involving family violence and reckless conduct.
The property-damage allegation is a felony, while the battery and reckless-conduct charges are misdemeanors, according to the court records cited by NFL.com and other outlets.
The charging documents also describe an allegation that Bateman attempted to puncture a rear tire with a screwdriver.
The Baby’s Presence
One of the most serious details in the case is the reported presence of Bateman’s infant daughter.
According to the warrant, the three-month-old was secured in a car seat in the rear of the vehicle when the windows were allegedly broken. Police records cited by The Baltimore Sun and other outlets say pieces of glass were found around the child.
Public reports have not established whether the infant required medical treatment. The mother reportedly suffered facial injuries from the broken glass, while the court documents also describe bruising connected to the earlier dispute.
No-Contact Order
A no-contact order was initially imposed following the case.
That restriction was subsequently modified after the mother indicated that she wanted to resume contact with Bateman. According to reports, the court permitted contact under conditions, including completion of a designated class. The modified order still prohibits violent contact.
The change in the order does not resolve the criminal charges. Those allegations remain pending through the legal process.
Bateman’s Defense
Bateman’s attorney, Jordan Siev, has pushed back against the public portrayal of the incident.
In a statement reported by The Associated Press, Siev characterized the matter as a personal family situation that had been taken out of context and said the defense would allow the court process to proceed.
That statement does not amount to a dismissal of the charges. The allegations will ultimately be addressed through the legal system.
Ravens React
The Baltimore Ravens have confirmed that they were aware of Bateman’s arrest and had communicated with him.
The team also notified the NFL and said it was cooperating with the process. Because the case is pending, the Ravens have declined to provide additional details.
The timing has attracted attention because Bateman remains part of Baltimore’s plans as the 2026 season approaches.
NFL Review
The NFL has opened a review of the allegations under its personal conduct procedures.
An NFL spokesperson told USA TODAY that the league was reviewing the matter after the Ravens notified league officials.
At this stage, there has been no announced suspension or other league punishment for Bateman. Any discipline would come separately from the Georgia criminal proceedings.
The outcome could therefore depend on the evidence gathered by the league, developments in court and the eventual resolution of the criminal case.
Why It Emerged Later
Although Bateman was arrested in June, the case did not become widely known until August 21, when details from court records began circulating publicly.
That delay explains why Bateman had continued participating in Ravens activities during the intervening period. The emergence of the records brought renewed attention to the case just as Baltimore was preparing for the upcoming NFL season.
Bateman’s NFL Career
The legal case comes during an important period in Bateman’s career.
Baltimore selected Bateman with the 27th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft out of Minnesota. He produced the best statistical season of his career in 2024, recording 756 receiving yards and nine touchdowns.
His production dropped significantly in 2025, when he finished with 19 receptions for 224 yards and two touchdowns. Despite that decline, Baltimore committed to him with a three-year contract extension worth about $37 million in 2025.
What Happens Next?
For now, Bateman remains subject to the Georgia criminal proceedings and the NFL’s separate review.
There is no announced league suspension at this time, and the criminal allegations remain unresolved. The next significant developments could come from court proceedings, additional filings or an NFL disciplinary decision.
For readers following the Rashod Bateman arrest, the key distinction is between allegations contained in police and court records and facts that have been established through a legal judgment. As the case develops, both the Georgia proceedings and the NFL investigation will determine what comes next for the Ravens receiver.